WiredScore is a property technology company that works with the world’s top landlords, agents, and tenants to identify & promote buildings with great technology offerings. We own and operate the WiredScore certification program, the first and only rating system for internet connectivity in buildings.
Today, our 1000+ certified buildings are spread across 30+ cities in six countries. Our company is growing rapidly as we continue to expand the service to new countries and new verticals.
About the Role
This is a full-time position that can be based in any of our offices, Frankfurt, Berlin, Paris, NYC or London, reporting to our Technical Director.
WiredScore’s Research & Development team is expanding to meet the needs of our clients, advocates and our rapidly growing business. Our team is organized by product across WiredScore (Commercial) WiredScore (Home), SmartScore. We’re looking to add a Head of Research to own the technical oversight of SmartScore, our smart building certification product. With 30 of the world’s most important landlords already signed on to the WiredScore Smart Council, SmartScore is shaping the future of smart buildings for the global real estate industry. The Head of Research for this product will be responsible for the continual development of the scorecard to enable ongoing evolution / innovation of the product to ensure it remains the benchmark for Smart Buildings globally. Additionally they will be responsible for the technical development of all associated services and content required to support the product roadmap.
The ideal candidate will have experience in proptech or smart buildings/cities, but we also know that talent comes in many forms, so if you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and bring creative solutions to market we want to talk to you. If you are passionate about transforming the real estate industry, this is the place to put your ideas to work. As a Head of Research you’ll ensure WiredScore remains a market leader by defining and evolving what being a smart building means to the property industry and its technical advisory partners.
- Own the technical development and global roll out of SmartScore scorecard and associated technical material
- Provide client facing technical support to enable the growth of the product
- Support the delivery of the SmartScore certification by owning the internal query process used by the Operations team
- Work closely with the product manager to develop new product features and provide insight
- Own technical engagement with our clients and third party advocate network to promote and improve SmartScore
- Work with the Product, R&D, Tech, and Ops teams to ensure delivery of the certification
- Educate the wider business on smart building technology in and around the scope of SmartScore and consult on the delivery of WiredScore’s thought leadership in this area
You are a great fit for this role if you have some or all of the following:
- 4-6 years’ experience working in smart technology in the built environment
- Proven ability to define detailed project briefs to drive design decisions
- Proven ability to manage and own workstreams through to delivery to internal clients
- Proven experience of working with others to deliver outcomes, including managing the process of getting input from different stakeholders and synthesising into outputs
- Technical authoring experience
- Strong communication skills, including English written and verbal comms particularly in effectively communicating technical information to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in third party stakeholder management
- Experience of the commercial real estate property industry is desirable, but by no means essential
- Experience in the development of industry standards and best practice is desirable, but by no means essential
- Confident and capable with software used in typical systems development environments eg database, spreadsheet, flow chart and visualisation tools
- Analytical thinker - can foresee challenges before they arise and clearly communicate what you’ve foreseen
- Team player - knows when to bring other people in to support with delivery or problem-solving
Diversity & Inclusion:
WiredScore celebrates and supports diversity for the benefit of our employees, our business, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a workplace which thrives on the diversity and inclusion of everyone in the team.
We are eager to hear from a diverse range of candidates. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please discuss this with us.
Disabilities are not a barrier to employment at WiredScore.