WiredScore is a property tech company that works with the world’s top landlords, agents, and tenants to identify & promote buildings with great technology offerings. We own and operate the WiredScore Certification program, the first and only rating system for internet connectivity and digital infrastructure in buildings.
Today, our 2500+ certified buildings are spread across 30+ cities in eight countries -- the US, Canada, Ireland, UK, France, Australia, Italy, Germany, and the Netherlands -- and our clients are the biggest and best building owners in the world; we drive value to clients by evaluating, recommending, and marketing the technology attributes of buildings to tenants and residents.
WiredScore has both Commercial and Residential certifications and is rapidly expanding into the Smart building space to become the first and only holistic in-building tech Certification company shaping the future of the built environment.
We are proud to be working with Bessemer Venture Partners and Fifth Wall Ventures as our partners and investors as we continue to expand our business to new countries and new verticals.
WiredScore is looking for a sharp, ambitious telecommunications engineer to help build our operations department across North America. Working with our partners, including top property companies as well as ISPs, governments, engineering and architecture firms, you will be at the forefront of shaping how digital infrastructure is built across the US.
We act as trusted advisors, consultants and confidants for our participating organizations, and we use our unique perspective to ensure the properties we work with are best positioned to serve the technology needs of today’s tenants. This opportunity will be of interest to you if you want to join a high growth start up with a group of talented team members. The right candidate will be an organized project manager who can balance multiple activities and clients at the same time.
You will be responsible for:
Wired Certification is completed by conducting an onsite review of the telecommunications cabling and infrastructure of commercial buildings.
- The Building Technology Engineer will work to complete Certifications across North America. Specifically, the responsibilities include:
- Identifying, training and managing third-party engineers to conduct buildings audits across North America
- Assisting in the auditing of infrastructure and connectivity of buildings being certified
- Writing clear reports detailing a buildings infrastructure and connectivity
- Engaging with building ownership, engineers, and architects undergoing Certification
- Advising our clients (landlords and agents) about cutting edge thinking on communications technologies and opportunities for improvement.
- You will drive partnerships with telecommunications companies across the US, with the ultimate goal of strengthening both the Wired Certification program and future business lines. This will involve forming relationships with fiber providers and ISPs.
- You will help shape the future of WiredScore by being an active participant in strategy thinking about innovative future business lines.
What you need to succeed:
- 2 - 5 years of telecommunications, ICT, and/or engineering experience
- Strong written and verbal communication and ability to explain technical matters to non-technical audiences
- Relevant telecommunications and engineering know-how
- Familiarity with outside plant and in-building network design
- Comfort identifying cabling and distribution equipment and supporting infrastructure within buildings
- Ability to interpret building design plans and telecom diagrams
- Residential connectivity knowledge a plus
- Wireless knowledge a plus
- Low-voltage design knowledge a plus
- Electrical knowledge a plus
- Project management and/or client management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Hands-on, “whatever it takes” mentality to get the job done
- Desire to work in high-growth, start-up-like culture
- Demonstrated self-starter who can work as part of a team or individually on projects
- Fun, personable, open-minded, and easy-going
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, benefits, flexible vacation policy, and an opportunity to earn equity ownership interest in the company
Location: New York City, some travel required